Monday, October 10, 2011

Motivational Monday Quote


LISTEN TO YOUR OWN TASTES. 
BE PREPARED TO BE UNPOPULAR. 
WHAT'S POPULAR IS WHAT'S COMMON. 
DO WHAT'S COMMON, YOU GET COMMON RESULTS (AKA MEDIOCRITY.)
YOU ARE LOOKING FOR UNCOMMON OUTCOMES, 
EXTRAORDINARY ACHIEVEMENTS.
(Darren Hardy)

Permission to be unpopular? To be uncommon, unusual? To want, to do, to be, something and someone different?

Not that we actually need permission, of course, but boy, it's sure nice to have that recognition, that encouragement, isn't it?

(This Motivational Monday Quote is actually part of a longer one, so please come back next week for the rest of it.)

2 comments:

  1. BE PREPARED TO BE UNPOPULAR -- so that explains all of my rejection letters... =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish someone had told me that many, many years ago. I still would've been unpopular but at least I could've prepared somehow. Sheesh. :)

    ReplyDelete