Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Makeup Lesson from an Unlikely Source

Since a number of us are slogging through NaNo, and even more of us are prepping for the holidays, I thought we could all use a chuckle and a reminder of how much fun  creativity and imagination can be….

My husband and I love getting drawings from my six and a half year old nephew, B, and from my almost five year old niece, T. Here's what they sent us the other day:

A portrait of Larry the tortoise, done by B - 


A portrait of Mrs. Larry the tortoise, done by T - 


A close up of the Mrs. Larry drawing - 


Give it a good look. Okay?

Now here's what's written on the back - 

MRS. LARRY WEARING LIPSTICK

(If only I looked as good wearing lipstick. Sigh. Have a good day, everyone!) 

26 comments:

  1. At least it wasn't Mr. Larry wearing the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those are great! Kids are so wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I wish I could harness some of that imagination for myself.

      Delete
  3. The creativity of children never ceases to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you sometimes wish you could just bottle it up? :)

      Delete
  4. What an amazing set artwork. I'm sure they'll nurture his creative nature and make even more wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've done a number of drawings but these two of the tortoises are my favorites. So far. :)

      Delete
  5. How adorable. It's been a lot of years since the frig was covered with art work. I kind of miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually hung these on the tortoises' tank. :)

      Maybe you could do some of your own art work and hang that on the fridge. :)

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for that shade of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Mrs. L will let you know where she got it.... :)

      Delete
  7. Great drawings. Perhaps you could try getting your nephew and niece to do your lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! So cute. I love getting drawings from the kids. And Annalisa took the words right out of my mouth. I'd love to find that shade of lipstick too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that particular shade is called something like Color de Crayola. :)

      Delete
  9. LOL! Kids are amazing. Whew! My daughter has recently started asking to wear makeup, and I'm not going to lie. I don't like it. I mean, what 8 year old needs lipstick and eye shadow and blush? And how did she even get indoctrinated anyway? I mean, we home school for heaven sakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Maybe you can convince her that Chapstick is close enough to makeup?

      Delete
  10. I love that! Mrs. Larry wearing lipstick! Just the thing to make my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Every time I look at the picture itself or here on the blog, it makes me smile. :)

      Delete
  11. This looks so cute! I always enjoy looking at children's artwork.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete