Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Makeup Lesson from an Unlikely Source

Since a number of us are slogging through NaNo, and even more of us are prepping for the holidays, I thought we could all use a chuckle and a reminder of how much fun  creativity and imagination can be….

My husband and I love getting drawings from my six and a half year old nephew, B, and from my almost five year old niece, T. Here's what they sent us the other day:

A portrait of Larry the tortoise, done by B - 


A portrait of Mrs. Larry the tortoise, done by T - 


A close up of the Mrs. Larry drawing - 


Give it a good look. Okay?

Now here's what's written on the back - 

MRS. LARRY WEARING LIPSTICK

(If only I looked as good wearing lipstick. Sigh. Have a good day, everyone!) 

26 comments:

  1. At least it wasn't Mr. Larry wearing the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those are great! Kids are so wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I wish I could harness some of that imagination for myself.

      Delete
  3. The creativity of children never ceases to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing set artwork. I'm sure they'll nurture his creative nature and make even more wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've done a number of drawings but these two of the tortoises are my favorites. So far. :)

      Delete
  5. How adorable. It's been a lot of years since the frig was covered with art work. I kind of miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually hung these on the tortoises' tank. :)

      Maybe you could do some of your own art work and hang that on the fridge. :)

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for that shade of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great drawings. Perhaps you could try getting your nephew and niece to do your lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! So cute. I love getting drawings from the kids. And Annalisa took the words right out of my mouth. I'd love to find that shade of lipstick too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that particular shade is called something like Color de Crayola. :)

      Delete
  9. LOL! Kids are amazing. Whew! My daughter has recently started asking to wear makeup, and I'm not going to lie. I don't like it. I mean, what 8 year old needs lipstick and eye shadow and blush? And how did she even get indoctrinated anyway? I mean, we home school for heaven sakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Maybe you can convince her that Chapstick is close enough to makeup?

      Delete
  10. I love that! Mrs. Larry wearing lipstick! Just the thing to make my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Every time I look at the picture itself or here on the blog, it makes me smile. :)

      Delete
  11. This looks so cute! I always enjoy looking at children's artwork.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool -- hang onto those!

    ReplyDelete