Monday, July 26, 2010

Motivational Monday!

Well, here we are, the last Monday in July.  The summer is really moving along!  Although, here in Florida, summer lasts a LOT longer than it does in some places. But - and this is where some of the "motivation" comes in - I put up with the heat now so I can walk on the beach in January.  Everything's a trade-off.

People - other than me - do still read for pleasure!  Check out Stacy Post's Readers in Transit for proof.

Cathy C. Hall dishes up some southern hospitality in her essay about being polite in Deep South Magazine.

Another blurb has shown up for The Hint Fiction Anthology -

“The stories in Robert Swartwood’s Hint Fiction have some serious velocity.  Some explode, some needle, some bleed, and some give the reader room to dream. They’re fun and addictive, like puzzles or haiku or candy. I’ve finished mine but I want more.” — Stewart O’Nan, author of Last Night at the Lobster and Songs for the Missing

(The anthology, which includes my story, "The Empty Nest,"  is available this November but pre-order it from your favorite bookstore now - you don't want to be the only one who hasn't read it, do you?!)  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the linky love! :) I need to return the favor soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Stacy. No worries about returning the favor. Your post made me smile so why not share it? We can all use a smile, especially on a Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete