YOU NEED TO SWITCH FROM THINKING,
"I'VE GOT TO WRITE THIS BOOK"
"I GET TO WRITE THIS BOOK."
IT'S A PRIVILEGE, SOMETHING YOU'RE CALLED TO DO.
AND YOU SHOULD TREAT IT LIKE ONE.
(Michael Hyatt, from an interview on Jeff Goins Blog)
I remind myself of this quote every time I . . .
- stare at a blank page or screen
- think dusting or doing laundry would be more productive
- am hurt when other people don't bother asking about something so important to me
- open another rejection in my inbox
- think I should just give up
To be able to tell stories or write poems or songs, to create fabulous meals or photos or art, to move your body in dance or sport, to take on a whole new persona on stage or screen, are some of the greatest, lasting gifts bestowed on us and which we then pass on to the world.
So when others don't get it or don't see it, when we forget it, let's remember, and let's remind ourselves and each other, this week and always.