Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fun Finds


An eclectic post for you. Enjoy!

*****

For fans of the late Maeve Binchy - don't despair! Her last book, A Week in Winter, will be available in the US in February 2013. For more information and a brief synopsis, check out this post on The Book Case. I can't wait to read it!

*****

I can't let the week go by without mentioning the amazing Season 3 premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead this past Sunday. Loved. It. And do you know what else I love? AMC is running the entire episode online! Only for a limited time, though, so don't wait too long if you want to check it out. (Keep in mind that if you miss it, they do tend to run the previous week's episode right before the new one on Sunday nights.) Here's the Season 3 Comic-Con Trailer for a taste:




*****

Have you all seen the movie trailer for Yann Martel's Life of Pi? I might actually have to get myself to the theater to see it instead of waiting for DVD.




7 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book but the trailer for Life of Pi is visually amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex - I read the book long ago, and while I remember the basic story, I don't remember the ending so the movie will be a nice surprise for me. And I agree about the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've never watched The Walking Dead but I've heard such good things about it. I should start from the beginning and watch it. I love tv marathons! :)

    Have a great weekend, Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - do it! I would definitely start with the first season if possible. Oh, and make sure Clancy is nearby - it's scary stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the updates. I've heard mixed opinions about Life of Pi, so maybe the film would make for a good taste of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished Season 2 of Walking Dead last night -- holy cow, I can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick - I definitely think the movie will be worth seeing.

    Milo - hurry up and watch the first episode of Season 3, "Seed." It should be on right before the second episode tonight, "Sick."

    ReplyDelete