Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A "Manly" Book Spine Poem

All the books in our home are "ours," of course, but it's clear, from looking at the shelves lining the living room, that there are definitely some "his" and "hers." The books by Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Lee Child and Harlan Coben are more his (although I've read some of them) while the ones by Jodi Picoult, Maeve Binchy, Tess Gerritsen, and Tracy Chevalier are mine. Then, there are the "crossovers" - the Suzanne Collins' series, the Harry Potter books, the novels of Khaled Hosseini, books by Stephen King.

Below is a "book spine poem" using mostly "his" titles from our shelves...with one exception. Can you tell which one doesn't quite belong with the others?

4 comments:

  1. Another fun book spine poem! I love it, Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacy! I think I might post another couple before the month is out. This is the kind of poetry I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the same way in my house! Kinda like his and her bookshelves. :-)

    (Loved the poem!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like this one, Cathy!

    It's funny because I've recommended books to him that he ended up enjoying but that he probably wouldn't have picked up on his own. And vice versa!

    ReplyDelete