Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Baked Goods and Goals

October is my birthday month (and my husband's!), and while baked goods are always involved, we sometimes use this, not January, as the start of our new year. We make plans and set goals but keep it loose, see what’s working and what isn’t so we can tweak things before the actual new year. 

I’m considering two bigger goals for myself - one weight loss/health-related and one writing-related. We’ll see how it goes!

 

WRITING

A flash fiction story is out to an anthology – fingers crossed! And the first draft of my longer story/novella is moving forward. Slower than a tortoise full of banana, but forward is forward. 

 

WATCHING

Movies – We enjoyed The Trap (by M. Night Shyamalan) and AfrAId (starring John Cho).  

 

TV – We’re still having fun re-watching L.A. Law! We get a big kick out of seeing how many guest stars we recognize in their younger days.

 

READING

I’ve used the words dark and twisty here before when describing other books, but A. R. Torre’s, The Last Party, takes those words to a whole other level in the best way possible. Whoa. Just whoa.

 

*****

 

Do you use your birthday to look back over the year and/or look ahead? How do you celebrate your birthday? Any TV shows or movies to recommend? Read anything lately that blew you away?

 

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you on your anthology submission. I hope you have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! I appreciate all the good vibes and wishes sent my way. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! That would be fun to rewatch LA Law. Loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex!

      It's been a blast! And in my opinion, the show's held up pretty well. We're watching over on Hulu, if you decide to look for it.

      Delete