|Click here for more information|
It's been a tumultuous 2015 so far, for both personal and professional reasons, for both good ones and bad. It's been a season of change and growth, and I'm ready to change and grow as well.
I am a writer. No doubt in my mind about that. But I've been floundering for awhile, unable to find my footing in novels, in a genre, in pinpointing who my readers are, etc. I feel like I've been trying to shove a square peg in a round hole.
So, I'm going in a new direction. Or, rather, I'm naming and claiming the direction I've actually been going in for the last few years. Not only that, but I'm also celebrating it!
* I write short - and even shorter! - stories.
* I no longer force myself to write novels just because I always said I would. The world changes. People change. I've changed. I can't remember the last time I truly enjoyed the novel writing journey.
* I write dark fiction. I write horror.
* I will publish a new collection of flash fiction this summer.
* I plan on writing novellas. And linked stories. And maybe some other forms I haven't even heard of yet.
Here's hoping the summer, and the rest of 2015, will be a good one for us all!