Monday, July 8, 2013

Motivational Monday


I USED TO THINK THE WORST THING IN LIFE
WAS TO END UP ALL ALONE.
IT'S NOT.
THE WORST THING IN LIFE IS TO END UP
WITH PEOPLE THAT MAKE YOU FEEL ALONE.
(Robin Williams)

Those of you who read my stories and this blog, who take the time to comment and to email, who support and encourage me, who commiserate with me, who make me laugh, who give me the opportunity to - hopefully! - do the same for you, you all are one of the big reasons I don't feel nearly as alone as I used to. 

Thank you. 

This week, let's thank those who let us be ourselves, no matter how weird or wacky we are. And if you don't have someone like that in your life, or if could use a few more, let's try and find them - they're out there. Trust me.

18 comments:

  1. Great quote and I understand just what you mean, I don't feel nearly as alone as I used to either. Thanks to you and lots of other wonderful people here in the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would we do without our friends in the blogosphere? :)

      Delete
  2. AMEN!! There's nothing quite like having that person who let's you be themselves is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having people in your life who "get" you is priceless. :)

      Delete
  3. Great quote.

    I spend my day with people who make me WANT to be alone. You know the never ending demands: feed me, clothe me, play with me. But I won't complain (too much), because they can be a lot of fun too. And hugs and kisses from my kids are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!

      The tortoises aren't too demanding, although they have their moments. But they are my little hard-shelled muses so I can't complain too much. :)

      Delete
  4. They are indeed out there! I have a whole army of wacky friends that mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a ton of friends, but no real close friends. That kinda sucks! It's tough when they move away. We keep in touch, but it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to open up and let people in and get to know me. I tend to be private and shy. My husband is my best friend and really "gets" me - poor guy! :)

      Delete
  6. Love it... great post Madeline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Robin Williams quote - I have often reflected on the crowds I find myself in and ask that question.

    Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete