I LOVE BEING A WRITER.
WHAT I CAN'T STAND IS THE PAPERWORK.
(Peter De Vries)
I wish you all a holiday season and a new year full of the best kind of writerly paperwork -
* First drafts that hold pieces of magic
* Revised work that shines
* Published pieces with your byline in bold
* Letters and emails from fans
* Advance, royalty, and/or pay checks
* Oh, and lots of wrapping paper - shiny and new for all the books you're giving, and excitedly torn off and wadded up from all the ones you receive!
Merry Christmas, everyone!