Monday, September 10, 2012

Motivational Monday


I CAN BE CHANGED BY WHAT
HAPPENS TO ME.
BUT I REFUSE TO BE REDUCED BY IT.
(Maya Angelou)

This quote speaks to me on so many levels. We are affected every day by both positive and negative forces - acceptances and rejections, achievement and disappointment, people who respect us and those who bully. We are changed, in some way, by it all. But it is our choice, our decision, whether we let ourselves be reduced by it and become 'less than' or we surge forward, stronger and more resilient then before.

And on this day before the anniversary of September 11, 2001, I think it's a good reminder for us all.

6 comments:

  1. Alex - I think it's especially good for tomorrow, too, but it applies to anything - small or large - that has the power to affect us negatively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words and strong meaning. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote. I've never heard it before, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete