Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Favorite Reads of 2011

I could talk about books all day long (Just ask my husband. Or the tortoises.) And I love a good list. So, you can imagine how much I love this time of year, with its numerous and varied "Best of" lists regarding books and reading. Some of my favorite lists are ones by friends and fellow bloggers - personal recommendations go a long way with me. To that end, I thought I'd share some of my favorites - new ones, not re-reads - of 2011. (Keep in mind, there are still a few weeks left in the year so I may need to add a few titles later on.)

[Just a reminder from last year's post: This is purely my own opinion. It's a random ordering. I started a lot of books but stopped after the first few pages. I read a lot of books I thought were okay or that I liked/really liked but didn't love. This list is for the books I couldn't stop thinking about for various reasons days after I was done reading.]

MY FAVORITE READS OF 2011 

BETWEEN GEORGIA by Joshilyn Jackson
THE GIRL WHO STOPPED SWIMMING by Joshilyn Jackson
THREE WEEKS TO SAY GOODBYE by C.J. Box
ALLISON HEWITT IS TRAPPED by Madeleine Roux
LOVE YOU MORE by Lisa Gardner
I AM THE MESSENGER (YA) by Markus Zusak
ICE COLD by Tess Gerritsen
THE BOTTOMS by Joe R. Lansdale
THE HOMECOMING OF SAMUEL LAKE by Jenny Wingfield
BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP by S. J. Watson
BLOOD WOUNDS (YA) by Susan Beth Pfeiffer
11/22/63 by Stephen King
EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS (YA) by A.S. King
PRAYERS AND LIES by Sherri Wood Emmons *

(* I'm still reading this one but I already know it's going to make the list!)

Go ahead and leave your thoughts on these books, or any others that made your favorite reads list, in the comments section. I'm always on the lookout for a great book. ( I know, I know, I'm doing the Off The Shelf Challenge but still...)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Madeline,
    Thanks for sharing your list of favorite reads.
    Some of my favorite authors are on your list. So many books, not enough time.
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Donna! I know what you mean about so many books, so little time. But in a way, it's not a bad problem to have. I think it'd be worse to have few good books and lots and lots of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making lists too, how fun. I haven't read any of the books on your list yet, so now I have to check them out. More entries for my TBR list! Thanks for sharing, Madeline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Julie! Maybe you can read them on your new Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I haven't read ANY of these, and only two were even on my radar. My poor, massive TBR list gets even longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jillian, isn't that what The Off The Shelf Challenge is for? :)

    ReplyDelete