Monday, May 2, 2011

Motivational Monday Quote


NOBODY OBJECTS TO A WOMAN BEING A GOOD WRITER
OR SCULPTOR OR GENETICIST IF AT THE SAME TIME 
SHE MANAGES TO BE A GOOD WIFE, GOOD MOTHER,
GOOD-LOOKING, GOOD-TEMPERED, WELL-GROOMED
AND UNAGGRESSIVE.
(Leslie M. McIntyre)

One of the most important lessons I've learned so far is that I can't do it all. I can't do everything and I can't be everything to everyone. My house is dusty. I'm not a great cook. I don't have kids. I'm not the best driver. I'm not all that social. I might not see, feel or do things the way you do but that doesn't make either of us wrong. 

The way I see it, my purpose here is to be me, with all my faults and flaws and inadequacies, with all my creativity and imagination and passion. I don't fit a mold and I don't want to. Unless it's one of my own making. 

Go ahead and make your own mold today. 
   

4 comments:

  1. ...and then break it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. The quote is spot on as well. Sadly, I don't expect to see that change. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, Milo. Break it, create a new one, break that one, etc. Always growing, challenging, changing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sally. I hear what you're saying. I think we just have to be the change for ourselves and hopefully that will be enough.

    ReplyDelete