Monday, November 22, 2010

Motivational Monday Quote


"FIND WHERE YOUR PASSION MEETS THE MARKET"
(Rachelle Gardner)

This is what literary agent, Rachelle Gardner, says she often tells her clients, and I think it's one of the best pieces of advice re: a writing career that I've ever heard.  She goes on to say this -

"I’m not saying my clients should “sell out” and “write to the market” but I’m acknowledging that if they want to sell, they need to be looking for ways that the writings of their heart will connect with others and have a chance of selling."

Her words give me hope that my novels will one day find a home, that as long as my stories ring real and true to me, they will some how, some way, some day ring like that for others, too.  

It's all about faith, baby.  It's all about faith.   

No comments:

Post a Comment