Monday, October 25, 2010

Motivational Monday Quote


TALENT IS CHEAPER THAN TABLE SALT.  WHAT SEPARATES THE TALENTED INDIVIDUAL FROM THE SUCCESSFUL ONE IS A LOT OF HARD WORK.
Stephen King

I have this quote on my bulletin board as a reminder to get my AIS (ass in seat) or BIC (butt in chair) and to keep it there.  Writing is writing.  Reading about writing is not writing.  Talking about writing is not writing.  Talking about anything is not doing.

Raise your hand if someone has ever said to you, "I can write a book.  How hard can it be?" or "I'll write a book one of these days."  Keep your hand up if that person has ever come back to you with the finished book in hand.  (I'm not talking about a published book; I'm just talking about one that's done.)  That's what I thought. 

It's so much harder than people think, and unless they try it themselves, they don't know.  But if they try it - and if we keep at it - the reward is definitely worth the effort. 

4 comments:

  1. Great quote! And for those who've never tried writing an entire book, I say, try it. You might just like it!

    Happy Writing, Madeline! I'm on NaNoWriMo as myself, if you want a writing buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacy!

    I already found you on NaNo - check your profile, you should see me/my profile hovering around your buddy list. :)

    ReplyDelete