Monday, July 5, 2010

Introducing . . . Motivational Monday!

I rarely watch/read the news anymore - too much doom and gloom for my tastes, especially early in the morning.  (Oil spill, anyone?)  Wouldn't it be nice to start the day on a positive note?  Or the "work week" with a smile, or at least not a scowl?  That's what I thought.

So, I thought I'd give "Motivational Monday" a try and see what happens.  I'll post a few reading/writing related good news items I picked up during the past week - maybe a writer pal got a story published or an encouraging rejection letter, maybe a new book by a favorite author is coming out or I've got a great book to recommend.  Nothing fancy.   Let me apologize ahead of time here because I know I won't be able to include everyone and everything all the time.  It's not a reflection on anyone or their news or their accomplishments; I just don't want to turn into a PR rep.  I just want to offer an occasional good news tidbit that might give someone else a quick smile or elicit a cheer for a fellow writer.

On this inaugural Motivational Monday, I offer...

Gay Degani has three - yes, three! - stories up and about all over the Internet.  They're all different, and yet it's definitely Gay's voice coming through loud and clear in every one of them. 

Cathy C. Hall has a story up at Smories.com.  She could use your votes through the month of July, so head on over to her blog for more information about clicking/voting.  The story is read aloud by a cute little British girl.  If this doesn't make you smile, I give up.

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. THANKS SO MUCH for the mention, Madeline! I don't know if I'll ever catch up to some of those smories, but I sure appreciate every single click of support! :-)

    http://www.smories.com/watch/ondine_oxenburg_is_definitely_different/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Cathy! Your story looked like it was doing pretty good the last time I checked/clicked.

    ReplyDelete