Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If This Is Crazy

I am thrilled to see my story, "If This Is Crazy," up at Referential Magazine! And, there's a story behind the story, or at least the publication of it.

The cool premise at Referential Magazine is that each story or poem or artwork builds in some way on one published before it. Now, when pal Gay Degani's story, "Madeline in Her Coffin," appeared, you know I had to do something with it. (I asked her, the next time she uses the name "Madeline" could she please make the character a rich and famous writer and not have her be dead from the start?) So, not only does my story refer to a line in Gay's piece, my name also refers to the title. Whammo! The whole thing just came together. (Plus, editor Jessie Carty and I share the same taste in colorful socks, so there you go.)

I'd love it if you checked out my story and let me know what you think. While you're there, stop by and read Gay's story, too. Heck, just go ahead and look at the whole magazine.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your publication, you fine writer! Such a provocative piece...and here I am, not feeling quite the same about the diamond earrings I wanted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out! And I promise you'll be a rich and famous writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are SOO happy to have you Madeline! And such a great story. I have to catch up on all the wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cathy! If the story made you re-think something, then I guess I did my job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Gay, from your mouth to the Great Writer in the Sky's ears. :)

    (Although I'd be happy with paid-pretty-good and relatively well-known.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie, you know it's my pleasure to be there at Referential Magazine. Thank you for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Madeline! Be sure to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete