Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Still Here

Here is what the summer of 2026 looked like for us: 

 

Scheduled surgery for me

Complications from surgery

Life threatening emergency surgery

Hospital stay

More complications

More ER visits for me than I can count 

One ER visit for my husband

Issues with my husband’s work

Ongoing medical and mental health issues

Anxiety and panic attacks and stress

 

So, as you can see, lots of fun.

 

Things are improving, but it’s going slower than we’d like, so I’m not sure when I’ll be back to full speed regarding the blog or writing or anything really. 

 

What I do know for sure? 


I am still here. 

My husband is still here. 

And we are incredibly grateful. 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that! Prayers for full recoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your health challenges. I'm grateful you and your husband are okay, too. Take care of yourself, but keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie. I appreciate that. Hopefully next post, there will be better news!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wish I was as good a caregiver to him as he is to me. The man is a saint!

      Delete
  4. You poor thing! You've gone through so much. I hope the worst is all behind you. For now, rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maria! I hope so, too.

      I was sorry to see you end your blog! I didn't comment much, but I did enjoy reading it. :)

      Delete
  5. Prayers and more prayers. Thank you for the update. I hope you and your husband are healthier soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. All the prayers are much appreciated. We're hanging in....

      Delete